Comprehensive Primary Care for the Whole Family
Since we opened our primary care practice in 1980, we’ve worked with generations of families – doing everything from caring for our toddlers to comforting our terminally ill.
Keep your health in balance with our whole-person approach to care.
Our physicians and medical staff take a holistic approach to medicine, understanding that physical symptoms are just one way to evaluate health and wellness. By learning about the emotional and environmental factors that can affect your wellbeing, we help you stay healthy in body, mind and spirit.
Preventive care to ensure wellness
Our practice is general in nature and we provide a full range of preventive care services to patients two years old and over. Our annual physical exam includes appropriate preventive care screenings that let us catch small problems before they can affect your overall health. These may include a blood pressure check, complete blood count, chemistry panel, urinalysis, pelvic exam (for women), and prostrate exam (for men).
We also offer a range of services to complement our general care:
- Osteopath on staff: Dr. Brian Mateja is a doctor of osteopathic medicine who is specially trained in the musculoskeletal system and has a keen understanding of how your body’s nerves, muscles and bones work together to keep your body in balance. He can do osteopathic manipulation therapy, when appropriate, to ease pain.
- Onsite lab draws: We do blood tests in our office, making the process more private, affordable, convenient and comfortable.
- Onsite X-ray and Dexa scans: Our in-house equipment lets us review results immediately to diagnose injured bones and determine your bone density.
Health management for chronic illness
If you are suffering from a chronic condition, Rogue River Family Practice offers a level of empathy and care that has earned us praise from our loyal, long-term patients.
A chronic health condition doesn’t have to destroy your life. We will work with you to improve your outcome with advanced diagnostic screenings, a personalized treatment plan and effective disease management. We will make sure you understand how to use your plan before you leave our office. We will also help you manage your medications to ensure you are taking them correctly, that dosages are appropriate, and that if you are taking multiple medicines, you don’t have adverse drug reactions.
You can trust our medical experts to:
- Listen and take your concerns seriously
- Communicate openly
- Educate you about what a healthy lifestyle looks like
- Provide appropriate preventive healthcare screenings
- Serve as your partner to help you adapt to changes in your health
- Stay up-to-date with the latest medical science and technology
Do you need a colonoscopy?
We recommend and perform colonoscopies for:
- Everyone who is 50 or over and hasn’t had a first screening or had a screening in more than 10 years.
- Anyone with a family history of colorectal cancer or polyps should have a first screening 10 years before the age your first-degree relative was diagnosed.
- Anyone with a history of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Anyone with a history of colorectal cancer or adenomatous polyps